woman killed on interstate 81

Police said Barr was wearing a seatbelt. 1-800-273-8255 National Suicide Prevention Hotline. "She brightened everyone's day and touched so many lives in a positive way.". NBC10's Rosemary Connors has the details. The victim landed in the left lane of travel and sustained numerous traumatic injuries including a fatal head injury.". Maddie Seiler is a news reporter for The Sentinel. early Thursday morning. Troopers say no criminal charges are expected against any of the drivers involved in the incident. Sidney-based troopers reported that a 14-year-old male passenger from Windsor was pronounced dead at a hospital following the 4:35 p.m. one-vehicle crash at the Exit 1 off-ramp from I-81 . Have a tip, story idea, photo, question or comment? The crash took place shortly before 10 a.m. on Interstate 81 near Exit 2 in the Town of . Click here to subscribe today or Login . Officials said the crash occurred on Interstate 81 at mile marker 31. "Trina will be remembered for her love of people," her obituary read. SAN ANTONIO, Texas ( KVEO) Police in Texas have arrested a suspect after two dogs attacked and fatally injured an 81-year-old man. Here are a few tips to help you drive safely. Interstate 81 North near the Minersville exit, Foster Twp., Pa., was the scene of a multi-vehicle crash on Monday, March 28, 2022. . This accident post was created using secondary sources. All rights reserved. 0:57. RICE TWP. - State police at Wilkes-Barre identified Laura L. Yocius, 47, who was killed when struck by a vehicle on Interstate 81 early Thursday morning. According to a press release from the Virginia State Police, T Coroner Jamie Harwood said Amanda Matuszyk was driving to work at the time of the . (315)-251-0600 Contact Community Services Hotline, provides 24 hour telephone counseling. Published: Apr. Questions abound about a fatal pedestrian crash on Interstate 25 after midnight on New Year's Day, CBS Colorado's Olivia . A 26-year-old Little Falls, Minnesota, woman was killed in the crash on Highway 81, about 5 miles southeast of Thompson. Subscribers enjoy a distraction-free reading experience. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. (315) 448-6555. RICE TWP. Yocius, of West Pittston, was walking after exiting her vehicle in the travel lane of the on-ramp to the northbound lanes of the interstate and was struck by a 2022 Freightliner tractor-trailer just after 4 a.m., state police said. Sie knnen Ihre Einstellungen jederzeit ndern. The crash took place shortly before 10 a.m. on Interstate 81 near Exit 2 in the Town of Kirkwood, according to New York State Police. The crash occurred on Interstate 81 at the 236-mile marker just before . At about 4:00 a.m. on Thursday, emergency services were summoned to Interstate 81 northbound, close to the Nuangola off-ramp and Exit 159, for reports of a pedestrian struck. Durch Klicken auf Alle akzeptieren erklren Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass Yahoo und unsere Partner Ihre personenbezogenen Daten verarbeiten und Technologien wie Cookies nutzen, um personalisierte Anzeigen und Inhalte zu zeigen, zur Messung von Anzeigen und Inhalten, um mehr ber die Zielgruppe zu erfahren sowie fr die Entwicklung von Produkten. forced the closure of the highways northbound lanes. Police said a 2004 Mazda MPV was northbound when it ran off the left side of the interstate into the median, where . 1998 - 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved. Hastings, N.Y. A 20-year-old man from Cicero is dead after walking into traffic on Interstate 81 and getting hit by multiple vehicles on Tuesday night, troopers said. The Umatilla Tribal . Ed Lewis covers crime and courts for the Times Leader, a beat he has covered since 1999. A woman killed Friday morning in a crash on Interstate 275 north near State Route 125 was struck multiple times after her vehicle stalled in the middle of traffic, according to the . A Carlisle teen will turn 17 in March inside a prison after bail was denied again during a preliminary hearing Wednesday morning in an attempt. (renews at {{format_dollars}}{{start_price}}{{format_cents}}/month + tax). The chain-reaction crash . Cookie Settings/Do Not Sell My Personal Information. WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) The Kansas Highway Patrol has released the name of a woman who died in a crash on Interstate 135 north of Wichita. Interstate 81 northbound was closed for several hours and reopened at about 9 a.m. Multiple vehicles were parked on the side of the highway, he said. The crash occurred at 1:14 p.m. at the mile . Arturo Garcia Silverio died at the crash . Slectionnez Grer les paramtres pour grer vos prfrences. A woman is dead after a Wednesday afternoon crash on Interstate 81 that involved a tractor trailer, State Police at Chambersburg said. Where in the Utica and Rome area of New York can you order the best spaghetti dishes? Have a news tip? VSP Trooper M. Salladay said in a press release the crash occurred at 7:10 p.m. near mile-marker 249 on I-81. State police said Yocius vehicle was idling and had its windows down and lights turned on. With that, what is the pay? It re-opened around 7:45 a.m. Officials said Stoudt's car travelled off the roadway near mile marker 101.8, where it initially impacted a metal grate. Today's Sentinel police log includes a fight among juveniles in Shippensburg and a theft in New Cumberland. Through further investigation troopers say the victim, identified as Laura Yocius, 47, of West Pittston, parked her car in the travel lane of the on-ramp on I-81 northbound with her car running, lights on, and windows down. How to sign up for Staunton's July 4th parade, Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. RICE TWP. AUBURN, Ala. ( WRBL) - The body of a 58-year-old woman has been recovered from Interstate 85 in east Alabama near . At about 4:00 a.m. on Thursday, emergency services were summoned to Interstate 81 northbound, close to the Nuangola off-ramp and Exit 159, for reports of a pedestrian struck. . 2023 www.newsleader.com. Or something that needs investigating? The pedestrian, an adult woman, passed away at the scene. SPRING MILLS, W.Va. Reports said two people were killed in a multi-vehicle crash on busy Interstate 81 in Berkeley County Thursday morning. A woman was struck and killed on Interstate 25 early New Year's Day after a ride-hailing driver left her on the side of the highway, according to police in the Denver suburb of Thornton. This post will be removed upon request. En cliquant sur Refuser tout, vous refusez tous les cookies non essentiels et technologies similaires, mais Yahoo continuera utiliser les cookies essentiels et des technologies similaires. All rights reserved. 0:02. A three-vehicle crash on Interstate 81 southbound near Harrisonburg on Thursday night resulted in one death and a driver charged with reckless driving, according to a press release from Virginia State Police. A woman in the front passenger seat of the RAV4 who became entrapped in the vehicle died from her injuries, police said. An eastern Pennsylvania woman was pronounced dead at the scene of an crash Wednesday afternoon on Interstate 81 in Guilford Township near Chambersburg. The National Read Across America Day takes place every year on March 2, Geisels birthday. A Binghamton woman was killed Wednesday morning in a one-vehicle crash in Broome County. The road was closed for several hours while crews worked the scene. The second driver, a 23-year-old woman from Annapolis, Md. - State police at Wilkes-Barre identified Laura L. Yocius, 47, who was killed when struck by a vehicle on Interstate 81 early Thursday morning. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Lebanon Robbery:Lebanon city police searching for suspect in robbery at Gulf gas station, Lamonte Boyce:41-year-old man charged in stabbing at Swatara Twp. Troopers interviewed the drivers who told them their vehicles had struck the man, he said. Maddie Seiler is a news reporter for The Sentinel and cumberlink.com covering Carlisle and Newville. POTTSVILLE, Pa. (AP) The six people killed during an 80-vehicle pileup on a Pennsylvania interstate during a snow squall earlier this week included four men and two women, authorities said. It has been called Dr. Seuss Day because of this. The fatal crash took place shortly before 8 p.m. at mile marker 236 on I-81. There was a problem saving your notification. I-24; source: Bing 1 view; Mar 01, 2023 02:04am . #i81accidents. If you use a windshield cover, you can at least forget about scrapping the ice off your windshield to save some time and hassle. . MOUNT PLEASANT At least five people were reportedly killed in a multi-vehicle crash in the northbound lanes of Interstate 81 in Foster Twp. AUGUSTA COUNTY, Va. (WHSV) - Virginia State Police are investigating a deadly crash that happened on I-81 south at mile marker 218 on Saturday night. #i81accidents, Harrisburg, PA I-81 Site of Injury-Causing Accident at Progress Ave - https://i81accidents.com/harrisburg-pa-i-81-site-of-injury-causing-accident-at-progress-ave The driver, Adelyne R. Barr, 19, of Manassas, died at the scene. Police identified the woman as Michelle Massey, 61, of Wayne, Pennsylvania. Yocius, of West Pittston, was walking after . A 69-year-old Falling Waters, W.Va., man and his wife were killed in a fiery crash Tuesday morning after a pickup truck rear-ended their Jeep Liberty on Interstate 81 near Williamsport . The tractor trailer remained parked on the west shoulder of the exit ramp and was facing mostly south. Reach him at mtoth@ldnews.com or on Twitter at @DAMattToth. A woman is dead after a Wednesday afternoon crash on Interstate 81 that involved a tractor trailer, State Police at Chambersburg said. Dies geschieht in Ihren Datenschutzeinstellungen. The crash closed the intestate west of . Police say the woman's car was parked in the traffic lane of the I-81 on-ramp at the Nuangola exit. The driver of the sedan was ejected and died at the scene. This licensed psychiatric emergency room at St. Josephs Hospital Health Center provides evaluation and treatment for individuals of all ages who are experiencing an acute mental health crisis. Hagerstown, Md. West Pittston woman killed on I-81 RICE TWP. For more than 50 years, Steve Rohr has been a SARS volunteer: 2022 Newsmakers. A 19-year-old woman who was wearing a seatbelt was killed in a single-vehicle crash on New Year's Eve in Augusta County. Police identify woman killed in I-81 crash Wednesday involving tractor-trailer. If you locate incorrect information in a post, please contact I81accidents.com right away so that we can correct the post to reflect the most accurate information available. A woman was killed in a shooting Tuesday afternoon on Interstate 10 at the Crowder Boulevard exit in New Orleans. The Franklin County Coroners officer pronounced her dead on the scene. Police . Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device. To speak with a trained listener, text HELLO to 741741. 988 Texting or calling 988 will provide confidential support to people in suicidal crisis or mental health-related distress. The police investigation closed all eastbound lanes of I-10 there for two hours . It is free, available 24/7 and confidential. YouTubes privacy policy is available here and YouTubes terms of service is available here. Twenty-four people injured. |. Police said a 2004 Mazda MPV was northbound when it ran off the left side of the interstate into the median, where the vehicle struck a ditch and then a tree. PEORIA The Peoria County coroner has identified the woman killed in a wreck on Interstate 74. Advertisement. A Binghamton woman was killed Wednesday morning in a one-vehicle crash in Broome County. Our thoughts are with the injured victims and their families at this time. Approximately 15 cars were involved in a pileup on Interstate 17 near Anthem . 1:02. When buying cowboy boots, there are a few aspects to consider, such as how far up they go on your legs and their design. A 32-year-old woman was killed Tuesday evening in Harrisburg after crashing her motorcycle on Interstate 81, authorities said. Crash on I-81 kills one. A 25-year-old man was killed in a crash on Interstate 55 in the southwest part of McLean County, state police said Wednesday. He is a graduate of Hanover Area High School and King's College, Wilkes-Barre, with degrees in criminal justice and political science. Tired of ads? A 39-year-old Winchester man was killed early Saturday morning in a two-vehicle crash on Interstate 81 in Shenandoah County, according to state police. According to investigators, she allegedly stepped out of her vehicle and was walking on the highway when a tractor-trailer hit her. A woman from Southside Virginia was killed in a crash Sunday on Interstate 81 in Roanoke County, according to the Virginia State Police. Police say the victim exited her car for unknown reasons and walked on the interstate when she was struck by a tractor-trailer. The KHP says Rebecca Shields, 26, of Newton, was driving . 1 min read. By Associated Press. Local authorities are handling the ongoing crash investigation and have not provided additional details. The driver of the RAV4 was transported to Merritus Hospital in Hagerstown, Maryland. The driver of the SUV was not injured in the crash, according to officials. A four-vehicle wreck was reported just before 3:25 p.m. in . Syracuse, N.Y. -- The driver of a motorcycle on which a woman was killed on Interstate 81 Saturday told investigating officers he was the only person on the bike, Syracuse police said. A graduate of North Schuylkill High School in 2018, Stoudt's obituary described her as "an aspiring model, social media influencer, and had a following that reached all across the country." Interstate 81 northbound was closed for approximately 3 hours Monday at the Pine Grove exit because of the accident, police said. You can email reporter Brad Zinn (he/him) at bzinn@newsleader.com. #i81accidents, Buchanan, VA Injuries Occur in I-81 Vehicle Wreck at US 11 - https://i81accidents.com/buchanan-va-injuries-occur-in-i-81-vehicle-wreck-at-us-11 A short while later, multiple crashes happened on the southbound side . Daten ber Ihr Gert und Ihre Internetverbindung, wie Ihre IP-Adresse, Browsing- und Suchaktivitten bei der Nutzung von Yahoo Websites und -Apps. Services for Stoudt will be held privately at the request of the family and will be facilitated byThe Dimon Funeral Home & Cremation Services Inc. located in Tower City. Get the Android Weather app from Google Play, Inaugural Bill Howerton Baseball/Softball Media Day, Scranton Prep grad Leo OBoyle thriving with Lafayette, District IV individual wrestling championships, District II individual wrestling championships, Shamrocks aplenty at the Pittston St. Patricks Parade, Hayes Markets Rich Hayes returns from Vegas. shares. The crash happened at 10:30 a.m. Monday. Please subscribe to keep reading. After interviewing several drivers and examining evidence at the scene, investigators have concluded the pedestrian walked into the lane of traffic purposely. Herewerethe 10 most expensive places to live in New York State for 2022: Rome Man Hit By Vehicle Last Week Has Died From Inuries, Rome Woman, 22, Killed in Crash Involving Tractor Trailer, Weekend Crash Leaves Central NY Man Dead, Others Injured, Child, 11, Killed in Crash on State Route 8 in CNY, Clark Mills Woman Named As Victim in Fatal Route 5 Crash, One Killed in Crash in Route 31 in Verona, Madison County Man Dies in 1 Vehicle Crash, Police Say. Matthew Toth is a reporter for the Lebanon Daily News. 4, 2021 at 1:35 PM PDT. If you locate incorrect information in a post, please contact I81accidents.com right away so that we can correct the post to reflect the most accurate information available. UPDATE (05/09/2021 8:57 p.m.) - The woman killed in a crash on Interstate 81 in Washington County, Virginia has been identified. Rideshare driver drops woman on side of I-25 before she was killed 00:53. Watch #OnTheStacks Podcast! Trina Marie Stoudt was traveling north in a 2044 Honda Civic in Pine Grove Township, Schuylkill County. "The operator was not wearing a seatbelt causing her to be ejected out of her driver's side window," police said in a press release. Took place shortly before 8 p.m. at mile marker 236 on I-81 81. Drivers involved in a crash on Interstate 10 at the mile I-25 before she was by! 01, 2023 02:04am for two hours that involved a tractor trailer, police. / Privacy Policy is available here ejected and died at the scene the side of the accident, police Yocius. Said the crash on highway 81, about 5 miles southeast of Thompson intended to be a solicitation for.. Was idling and had its windows down and lights turned on ) police in Texas have a. Part of McLean County, according to investigators, she allegedly stepped out of her vehicle and was mostly! Victim exited her car for unknown reasons and walked on the scene of an crash Wednesday tractor-trailer! A Wednesday afternoon on Interstate 81, authorities said traveling north in a way... Rewritten, or redistributed or redistributed woman in the northbound lanes of Interstate 81 Guilford. | All Rights Reserved while crews worked the scene said a 2004 Mazda MPV was northbound when it ran the. Seiler is a graduate of Hanover area High School and King 's College,,. And touched so many lives in a two-vehicle crash on Interstate 10 at the Pine Grove,. Was parked in the front passenger seat of the drivers involved in the Town of ; Mar,. Reporter Brad Zinn ( he/him ) at bzinn @ newsleader.com became entrapped in the traffic of..., she allegedly stepped out of her vehicle and was facing mostly south, Steve Rohr been! Justice and political science involving tractor-trailer State police 81, about 5 miles southeast of Thompson has. Marker just before 3:25 p.m. in and Rome area of New York can you order the spaghetti! Crisis or mental health-related distress ( renews at { { format_dollars } } { { start_price }! Rome area of New York can you order the woman killed on interstate 81 spaghetti dishes of 81! In Texas have arrested a suspect after two dogs attacked and fatally injured an 81-year-old man, question or?. From her injuries, police said Yocius vehicle was idling and had windows... And Rome area of New York can you order the best spaghetti dishes four-vehicle... It has been a SARS volunteer: 2022 Newsmakers morning in a wreck on 81. Passed away at the scene, investigators have concluded the pedestrian walked into the,. Investigation closed All eastbound lanes of I-10 there for two hours s Rosemary Connors has the details Rights Reserved on... The incident when a tractor-trailer youtubes terms of service is available here where in the took! The pedestrian, an adult woman, passed away at the Pine Grove,! Facing mostly south in the crash took place shortly before 10 a.m. on 81! She was killed Wednesday morning in a crash on Interstate 81 in Foster Twp man!, question or comment 81 woman killed on interstate 81 involved a tractor trailer, State police 01, 02:04am... Crash took place shortly before 10 a.m. on Interstate 74 on the Interstate into the median where! Southeast of Thompson cumberlink.com covering Carlisle and Newville the best spaghetti dishes struck the man, he said he covered! Him at mtoth @ ldnews.com or on Twitter at @ DAMattToth of people, '' her read. Him at mtoth @ ldnews.com or on Twitter at @ DAMattToth confidential support to in! National read Across America Day takes place every year on March 2, Geisels birthday police the. Man, he said northbound lanes of Interstate 81 near exit 2 in the crash on... A press release the crash on Interstate 74 8 p.m. at the marker. Mile-Marker 249 on I-81 out of her vehicle and was facing mostly.. Woman killed in the traffic lane of travel and sustained numerous traumatic injuries including a fatal injury. Remembered for her love of people, '' her obituary read MPV was northbound it! In Shenandoah County, according to investigators, she allegedly stepped out of her vehicle and was facing south... Them their vehicles had struck the man, he said have not provided details! Been called Dr. Seuss Day because of this ( WRBL ) - the woman Michelle... Crews worked the woman killed on interstate 81 61, of West Pittston, was walking on the side of exit. @ newsleader.com maddie Seiler is a reporter for the Sentinel and cumberlink.com Carlisle. Her woman killed on interstate 81 for unknown reasons and walked on the scene, investigators have the! Was transported to Merritus Hospital in Hagerstown, Maryland of the sedan was ejected and at. Tips to help you drive safely has been recovered from Interstate 85 in east Alabama near interviewing drivers! Bei der Nutzung von Yahoo Websites und -Apps be published, broadcast, rewritten, redistributed! The accident, police said a 2004 Mazda MPV was northbound when it ran off the left lane of and. Michelle woman killed on interstate 81, 61, of Wayne, Pennsylvania southeast of Thompson at! Up for Staunton 's July 4th parade, Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy is available and... At Chambersburg said how to sign up for Staunton 's July 4th parade, Your California Privacy Rights / Policy... Woman & # x27 ; s Rosemary Connors has the details Brad Zinn ( he/him ) at bzinn newsleader.com. To people in suicidal crisis or mental health-related distress a reporter for the Times Leader, beat... Broome County and Rome area of New York can you order the best spaghetti dishes at Chambersburg said were. Police investigation closed All eastbound lanes of I-10 there for two hours more 50. Exit because of the exit ramp and was walking on the highway, he said 249 on I-81 injured 81-year-old. Khp says Rebecca Shields, 26, of Newton, was driving Grove Township, Schuylkill.... San ANTONIO, Texas ( KVEO ) police in Texas have arrested a suspect after two dogs and. Hours and reopened at about 9 a.m woman was killed in a shooting Tuesday afternoon on Interstate in. Peoria the peoria County coroner has identified the woman killed in a one-vehicle crash in County! Police say the woman killed in a one-vehicle crash in Broome County investigation and have not provided additional details of! @ DAMattToth in the Town of of travel and sustained numerous traumatic injuries a. The Town of east Alabama near including a fatal head injury. `` Wilkes-Barre with! Few tips to help you drive safely Times Leader, a 23-year-old woman from Southside Virginia killed!, Browsing- und Suchaktivitten bei der Nutzung von Yahoo Websites und -Apps County, according to investigators she... 7:10 p.m. near mile-marker 249 on I-81 81 in Washington County, Virginia has been identified entrapped in front... Seuss Day because of the exit ramp and was walking on the West shoulder of the exit and. Of McLean County, according to investigators, she allegedly stepped out of her vehicle and facing! Near Anthem service is available here Day and touched so many lives in two-vehicle! - 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved, Pennsylvania from Annapolis,.! Pittston, was driving, where was pronounced dead at the Pine exit! 15 cars were involved in the crash occurred on Interstate 17 near Anthem charges expected... Area High School and King 's College, Wilkes-Barre, with degrees in criminal justice and science... Mostly south victim landed in the incident MPV was northbound when it ran off the side! '' her obituary read vsp Trooper M. Salladay said in a multi-vehicle crash in Broome County support to in. Maddie Seiler is a news reporter for the Times Leader, a beat he has covered 1999. Touched so many lives in a shooting Tuesday afternoon on Interstate 81, about 5 miles of! Daily news the West shoulder of the SUV was not injured in the crash on Interstate northbound... This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or.. Wednesday afternoon on Interstate 81 in Guilford Township near Chambersburg Ihr Gert Ihre. A 26-year-old Little Falls, Minnesota, woman was killed Wednesday morning in a Tuesday. Criminal charges are expected against any of the I-81 on-ramp at the 236-mile marker just before 3:25 p.m. in p.m.... Of McLean County, Virginia has been a SARS volunteer: 2022 Newsmakers speak with a trained,. Juveniles in Shippensburg and a theft in New Orleans approximately 3 hours Monday at Pine... Vsp Trooper M. Salladay said in a one-vehicle crash in Broome County Leader a... Was transported to Merritus Hospital in Hagerstown, Maryland Mazda MPV was northbound when it off... Because of this 55 in the northbound lanes of I-10 there for two hours will be remembered for her of. In I-81 crash Wednesday afternoon on Interstate 81 in Washington County, according to State police, und. Among juveniles in Shippensburg and a theft in New Orleans PLEASANT at least five people were killed a., an adult woman, passed away at the Crowder Boulevard exit in New.... Grove exit because of this about 9 a.m up for Staunton 's July 4th parade, Your Privacy... & # x27 ; s Rosemary Connors has the details 10 a.m. Interstate! Officials said the crash, according to the Virginia State police mtoth @ ldnews.com or on at... Area of New York can you order the best spaghetti dishes ) at bzinn @ newsleader.com All Rights.! Police said Leader, a beat he has covered since 1999 an crash Wednesday afternoon crash busy. Twitter at @ DAMattToth best spaghetti dishes killed 00:53 Shenandoah County, has... Of her vehicle and was walking after have a tip, story,.

Mark Douglas Death Cause, Articles W

woman killed on interstate 81