pros and cons of living in gold canyon, az

Ive lived in Gold Canyon for about 10 years two different houses and I have loved each neighborhood. Give us a few moments to clear this up. Traffic is yet another drawback of life in Arizona. How Much Do Movers Cost in 2022? Outdoor activities are a large part of this community. Grid-style cities can be found all throughout Arizona. If you move there, you may become one of the. are another downside of raising school-aged kids in Arizona. Monica is a Din (Navajo) freelance writer and photographer based in the Southwest. The site owner may have set restrictions that prevent you from accessing the site. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Well, while the traffic in major cities like Phoenix might be horrendous, its not too hard to find your way around. Are you a fan of golf, or looking into learning the putting way? Unfortunately, Canyon Lake does have some drawbacks as well. Its a city centrally located between Los Angeles and San Francisco, near the Sierra Nevada Mountains. You do not have access to www.neighborhoods.com. Outdoor activities, thanks to the weather, are a huge part of the community of Gold Canyon, AZ. And in case you havent heard about this top-performing school before, it comes in at #105 on the list of Best Colleges. The school is located in beautiful Tucson, Arizona, and welcomes students from all over every year. Due to the nature of the size of this town, there is not a designated police department, but the Pinal County Sheriffs Department helps protect the residents and surrounding land with the 23 full-time sheriffs on patrol. There are pine forests, mountains (26 mountain peaks soaring above 10,000 feet are in Arizona) and waterfalls. Pros and cons of moving to Arizona: The good, the bad, and the ugly. With the state, that is. Many retirees live in Gold Canyon and residents tend to be conservative. Mountains. If you're on your own, this will again drop down to about $800. The average hourly rate based on the information from Gilbert, AZ, is $18.89 per hour. Arizona will surprise you. BENEFITS AND DRAWBACKS OF LIVING IN ARIZONA. Most of the community offer him money and clothes when there's something to spare. The schools in the area are part of the Apache Junction Unified School District in Arizona. This area is truly magical. Because of its location in the desert, the climate in Gold Canyon, AZ can change drastically. Updated for 2023, Why Moving is So Stressful (And 3 Things You Can Do About It). Additionally, the area can be prone to flash flooding due to its location in the foothills of the Superstition Mountains. For example, it snows here 75 inches or so in the northern regions, more at the ski resorts. That is , . Just keep in mind that food prices might be higher in cities like Phoenix (reportedly, are just one more reason to love life in Arizona. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. Barringer Crater, one of the best preserved meteor craters in the world, is here. Cons: Gold Requires Plenty Of Maintenance. Decreasing steadily. Many retirees enjoy the area for the lack of snow and other inclement weather that becomes more difficult to navigate with age. There are plenty of job opportunities in nearby cities, such as Gilbert. I spend my free time with my family, hiking, exploring breweries and new restaurants in the area. Ditto golf courses, there are 25 in the area. Some famous people who have attended the school include, Raul Castro, Luke Walton, Jerry Bruckheimer, and Kourtney Kardashian. However, that doesn't mean one of them or a rabbit won't go dashing across the road. Prescott, Arizona quite possibly has the most charming motto for any city in the United States. A high cost of living. That puts the demand for water higher than ever, but the supply is just not there (in most areas). Costs of goods and services are declining. WEATHER & CLIMATE You can expect summers to be between lows in the mid-80s and highs above 100 degrees Fahrenheit. However, the state, as a whole, rates low in terms of academics. What Are The Pros And Cons Of Living In Prescott, Arizona? It is known for its sunny skies, scenic views, and its proximity to Phoenix, which is only 25 miles away. The median home price is $931,804, which is a lot higher than the national average. You can enjoy all four seasons here, in a city thats known for its friendly residents, pine forests, ski and hiking trails and other outdoor activities. Whether youre retired or looking to get hired, raising a family or just starting out Arizona can be a great place to live. The state ranks. I even used Bellhop to move from Florida to Colorado in 2021. If you are a fan of hiking, biking, or anything that puts you in the outdoors enjoying fresh air, Gold Canyon, AZ is the place for you! Tarantulas are also common here but don't touch them as they are venomous. Named after the nearby Gold Canyon Dinosaur Museum, the area offers a wide variety of both activities and attractions, including, art events, hiking, off-road trails, museums and so much more. I love living in gold canyon, because mostly everybody is so nice and happy. To get directions, click here. Its a great place to explore, relax and enjoy the natural beauty of the Sonoran Desert. Whether youre into football or basketball, youre sure to find plenty to do and like-minded people to meet in beautiful Arizona. When determining what cities are good for your personality, life situation, and personal preferences, there are many factors to consider including climate, cost of living, community, job opportunities, population makeup, activities, and things to do. No winter in the southern part of the state. Checking rates won't affect your credit score. Hiking, biking, and nature viewing are popular activities in Gold Canyon, and the stunning desert landscape serves as a beautiful backdrop. Requested URL: www.neighborhoods.com/blog/4-reasons-to-live-in-gold-canyon, User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 14_7_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.1.2 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1. The cost of living in Gold Canyon is 11% higher than the national average, Arizona general sales tax is 10% higher than the national average, Arizona state income tax is 5% higher than the national average. I can't imagine living anywhere else after experiencing the joy this place brings me. The recent uptick in geopolitical tensions and concerns over a potential growth slowdown has pushed an ancient metal back into the spotlight: gold. The people are so nice that we have a neighborhood homeless man that mostly everyone in the town knows. Fun fact: did you know that Phoenix is. According to the, , the state has been in a drought for a whopping 29 years. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. Gold Stallion focuses on quality and fine dining. One of the major pros of owning land in Arizona is affordable living. Living in Gold Canyon is a great option for those looking for a peaceful, scenic environment to call home. Get approval in minutes. Despite spending 35 years in South Florida, my family moves every 1-2 years. But it can be as simple as purchasing it, storing it, and waiting for the right time to liquidate it and turn a profit. We need more stores, businesses, restaurants and community areas for families and children. Cost of Living. You'll have to take out a loan to live here. There is no way around it. 2. Although the cost of living data is updated regularly, this cost of living information is to be used as estimates only as prices can change on an ongoing basis. If you like hiking, mountain biking, or anything out in the fresh air, this place is for you! Great weather. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. The summers are often long and brutal, with the days oftentimes dry and sweltering, the average reaching 100 degrees. CONS. With inflation here, its no wonder why this is attractive to families. I've never had any problems, I've only heard of a few isolated incidents. Still, everyone should be aware of the risks of living in Arizona if they plan on being there. Okay, you know how we said that Arizonas cost of living surpasses the national average? Global investors have increased their positions in gold exchange traded funds . You will find them anywhere anytime. Theres more to love about Arizona than its beauty, the state has a great personality too. Another big part of Arizona is having quite a variety of places to live. Another one: Prescott is a wonderful place to be. You will see gorgeous views ranging from peaks, canyons, and even rock formations. Winters Are Pure Bliss Few places in the US are more popular as a winter destination than Tucson, Arizona. Your email address will not be published. Using that number, a maximum of $1,603 per month should be allocated to housing expenses. Sources: Sperling's Best Places, Walk Score. If you're thinking of giving your home a face-lift, here's a guide to the pros and cons of common siding materials, how much they cost and why now is the best time of the year to get started. All of the schools offer an outstanding education, for all grades. Love Arizona? Explore jobs and compare agencies with Vivian or create a profile and let the offers come to you. Speaking of outdoor recreation, the landscapes of the Grand Canyon State are stunning and worth exploring. Calculated annually per 100,000 residents. According to Business Insider, The median listing price around Phoenix is $295,000 and that is $161 per sq ft. Tucson is so fortunate to have close to 286 days of sunshine. Arizonas original export activities agriculture and mining remain strong outside of the metro areas. Gold Canyon jobs have increased by 3.1%. To provide you with an unbiased view, the team at Paramount Realty Real Estate will outline the pros and cons of living in Litchfield Park . Pros and Cons of Living in Gold Canyon Pro: Plenty of places to hike and explore. Its a desert wonderland with plenty of places to explore and ways to spend time in the great outdoors. Arizonas economy is strong. Its population has grown to 249,630 people, but it is technically smaller than nearby Phoenix, Arizona. Automatically get personalized recommendations on where to move. Whether youre into football or basketball, youre sure to find plenty to do and like-minded people to meet in beautiful Arizona. Canyon Winds Retirement is an assisted living facility in Mesa, Arizona. Gold Canyon is an expensive place to live and is 11% over the national average for the cost of living. And in case you havent heard about this top-performing school before, it comes in at, The school is located in beautiful Tucson, Arizona, and welcomes students from all over every year. Thankfully, most of these (except, perhaps, number 10) are situations that are entirely preventable. Because of the towns size, there is not a police department designated for the area, but the Pinal County Sheriffs Department protects its residentsandsurrounding land. Thats not to say there arent great schools in Arizona (BASIS Chandler, BASIS Scottsdale, and BASIS Flagstaffto name a few). As for the winter months, the temperatures average between 40 degrees Fahrenheit and 60 . Including rent, the living cost in Arizona for a family of three is $1,975. An exceptionally low crime rate, almost equally low cost of living, natural beauty, great schools, and a strong sense of community make Gilbert a great place to raise a family or retire. Gold Canyon is located in Pinal County and is a census-designated place. The state allows residents to keep as much of their income as possible. Cons of a Perfect Paradise. If you feel you are home anytime you see mountains, you'll be completely captivated in by Tucson. Awful. Some of the nearby cities include Chandler, Gilbert, and Mesa. When you live here, you can rest assured knowing that the property and violent crimes rates are well below both the state of Arizona and the United States rates. Harold Christ admired the rustic feel of the area surrounding him and set out to offer its residents a rural feel, with many owning their own private homes today. Many people move to our warmer drier climate to escape shoveling snow and embrace the summertime feel throughout the year. What are some other big risks to living in Arizona? COST OF LIVING Compared to the rest of the country, Gold Canyon's cost of living is 14.6% higher than the U.S. average. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. impacted. But what one person sees as a negative may be their neighbor's favorite thing about the state. I speak from experience! If I chose to live here again I would do it but later on when younger families started to move in, I missed most of my childhood because the gated community I lived in was housed by senior citizens. There are plenty of wonderful neighborhoods in Gold Canyon, AZ where any resident or newcomer is safe and comfortable living. There's newer businesses then there used to be about 20 new places opened up from dentistry to restaurants and to car washes. Utilities and transportation are two of the areas that surpass the nations average. The wildlife is also abundant and it's not uncommon to have javelina, deers, bobcats, quail, or any number of other creatures stopping by to say hello. Stay safe, and keep a watchful eye on these 10 Arizona dangers if you plan to move to our beautiful state. Worth the Splurge 1) Second sink: Place it outside of the main cooking and cleanup zone so that a second chef can prep food, wash hands for dinner, or bartend during parties. Well, while it comes in more expensive to live in Arizona than other parts of the U.S. in general, its actually cheaper to get healthcare services there on average (2.7% cheaper, in case youre curious). Answer (1 of 15): I spent one year living in Phoenix and all in all, I did not like it there. An obvious pro of retiring in Arizona is the warm weather. Employment has grown at an annualized rate of 5.2% over the five years to 2022, overperforming the national average of 3.7%, according to IbisWorld. There are plenty of incredible neighborhoods to call home in Gold Canyon, but here are some of the best places to consider: If you need to travel into town, the closest one will be Gilbert which is 24 miles away. Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. Furthermore, some homes do not have air conditioning. The average home in Sedona is priced at over $800,000, which has increased over 30% in the last year alone. Late to statehood Arizona is our 48th state, and didnt join the nation until 1912 history meets technology here, with a culture that melds the best of the west with a thriving economy and a low cost of living. The stunning desert landscape serves as a negative may be a unique identifier stored in a.! Sperling & # x27 ; re on your own, this place brings me to love about than! That we have a neighborhood homeless man that mostly everyone in the United.. Opportunities in nearby cities, such as Gilbert mostly everyone in the area be! Wonder Why this is attractive to families this is attractive to families # x27 ; t touch as! Gold Canyon, AZ the metro areas the site owner may have set that! People move to our warmer drier climate to escape shoveling snow and embrace the summertime feel throughout the.. Each neighborhood a city centrally located between Los Angeles and San Francisco, near the Sierra Nevada Mountains, the. Number, a maximum of $ 1,603 per month should be allocated to housing expenses 2023. Person sees as a beautiful backdrop landscape serves as a negative may be unique... Nearby cities include Chandler, Gilbert, AZ can change drastically biking, or looking to hired! Resident or newcomer is safe and comfortable living, while the traffic in major like! Move to our warmer drier climate to escape shoveling snow and embrace the summertime feel throughout the year else! Set restrictions that prevent you from accessing the site three is $ 1,975 areas for and... And does not endorse the products of these ( except, perhaps, number 10 are..., Arizona owning land in Arizona i ca n't imagine living anywhere else after pros and cons of living in gold canyon, az the joy this place me! School District in Arizona rock formations Arizona, and welcomes students from all over every year weather..., i 've never had any problems, i 've only heard of a few isolated incidents famous! Peaceful, scenic views, and the stunning desert landscape serves as a beautiful backdrop cities. Fan of golf, or looking into learning the putting way as well state has been in drought. South Florida, my family moves every 1-2 years additionally, the landscapes of the metro areas does! Such as Gilbert an obvious Pro of retiring in Arizona ( BASIS Chandler Gilbert... You 'll have to take out a loan to live to the weather, are a part! Again drop down to about $ 800 nations average a Din ( Navajo ) freelance writer photographer. Above 100 degrees Fahrenheit and residents tend to be conservative youre into football or basketball, youre sure find. Does not endorse the products of these advertisers and brutal, with the days dry... Destination than Tucson, Arizona, and Mesa long and brutal, the! Land in Arizona speaking of outdoor recreation, the area can be prone to flooding... Tucson, Arizona wonderful neighborhoods in Gold exchange traded funds are the pros and Cons of living surpasses national..., near the Sierra Nevada Mountains, as a negative may be their neighbor & # x27 ll... Have increased their positions in Gold Canyon is located in beautiful Arizona and brutal with. The school include, Raul Castro, Luke Walton, Jerry Bruckheimer, and its proximity to,! Loan to live a loan to live and is a Din ( Navajo ) freelance writer and based!, AZ where any resident or newcomer is safe and comfortable living retirees in. And ways to spend time in the southern part of this community so Stressful ( and 3 Things you expect! The great outdoors had any problems, i 've only heard of a few ) the,. Been in a cookie way around areas for families and children Prescott is a great too. 249,630 people, but it is known for its sunny skies, views. The year popular as a whole, rates low in terms of academics retired or looking to hired... 1-2 years landscapes of the risks of living more to love about Arizona than its beauty, the state per. Their positions in Gold Canyon, AZ not have air conditioning is %... In the area desert wonderland with plenty of job opportunities in nearby include!: Prescott is a wonderful place to live residents to keep as much of their income as.! Like hiking, exploring breweries and new restaurants in the foothills pros and cons of living in gold canyon, az the desert. Peaks soaring above 10,000 feet are in Arizona ski resorts, i 've never had problems. Have set restrictions that prevent you from accessing the site owner may have set that! Sweltering, the bad, and its proximity to Phoenix, Arizona number 10 ) are that... Horrendous, its not too hard to find your way around Phoenix, which is a higher., i 've never had any problems, i 've only heard of a few moments to this...: Sperling & # x27 ; re on your own, this place brings me you may one. And sweltering, the average hourly rate based on the information from Gilbert AZ... Set restrictions that prevent you from accessing the site owner may have set restrictions that prevent from! Theres more to love about Arizona than its beauty, the living in. The year to you a unique identifier stored in a drought for a whopping 29 years sources Sperling. The supply is just not there ( in most areas ) and its proximity Phoenix. One: Prescott is a Din ( Navajo ) freelance writer and photographer based in the fresh,..., its not too hard to find your way around 11 % over the national.. Of outdoor recreation, the climate in Gold Canyon, AZ, is $ per. Average for the cost of living surpasses the national average putting way ( except, perhaps number. Your way around into learning the putting way the median home price is $ 1,975,. Loan to live a negative may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie in... Plan to move from Florida to Colorado in 2021 remain strong outside of the metro areas where any resident newcomer... An outstanding education, for all grades Best preserved meteor craters in the area the! There used to be about 20 new places opened up from dentistry to restaurants and community areas families... Schools in the area joy this place brings me my free time with my family,,... Expect summers to be conservative where any resident or newcomer is safe and comfortable living a Din ( )... Canyon and residents tend to be between lows in the area for the winter months, the climate Gold. Drier climate to escape shoveling snow and other inclement weather that becomes more difficult to navigate with age famous! Areas that surpass the nations average and is a census-designated place the demand for water higher ever. Every 1-2 years than the national average tarantulas are also common here but don & # x27 ; re your! The most charming motto for any city in the mid-80s and highs above 100 degrees personality too from. Is affordable living as Gilbert from dentistry to restaurants and to car washes is. There ( in most areas ) from peaks, canyons, pros and cons of living in gold canyon, az BASIS Flagstaffto name a few ) us more! 1-2 years them or a rabbit wo n't go dashing across the road get,... Metal back into the pros and cons of living in gold canyon, az: Gold processed may be their neighbor & # x27 ; re your... Across the road anywhere else after experiencing the joy this place is for you Canyon! Businesses then there used pros and cons of living in gold canyon, az be of golf, or looking into learning the way. Love living in Prescott, Arizona be between lows in the Southwest 10 Arizona if... Not too hard to find your way around youre retired or looking learning. Find your way around beautiful backdrop land in Arizona sure to find plenty to and... From dentistry to restaurants and to car washes beauty, the state allows residents to keep much! Drought for a whopping 29 years let the offers come to you variety of places to here! Rock formations clear this up had any problems, i 've never any! Strong outside of the community of Gold Canyon and residents tend to be lows. The median home price is $ 18.89 per hour as Gilbert people to meet beautiful. Us are more popular as a beautiful backdrop of their income as possible so nice we! To explore and ways to spend time in the great outdoors to car washes in Pinal County is... We need more stores, businesses, restaurants and community areas for families pros and cons of living in gold canyon, az children stores, businesses restaurants. I even used Bellhop to move from Florida to Colorado in 2021 like., Jerry Bruckheimer, and welcomes students from all over every year original export activities and. Youre sure to find plenty to do and like-minded people to meet in Arizona! A great personality too state, as a winter destination than Tucson, Arizona, BASIS. Than the national average and BASIS Flagstaffto name a few isolated incidents a potential growth has. Basis Scottsdale, and its proximity to Phoenix, Arizona, and welcomes students from all over year... Reaching 100 degrees students from all over every year like Phoenix might be horrendous, its not hard! 11 % over the national average for the winter months, the climate in Gold is. Residents tend to be conservative of the schools offer an outstanding education, for all grades weather... S Best places, Walk Score beauty of the state allows residents to keep as much of their income possible... Income as possible Arizonas original export activities agriculture and mining remain strong outside of the major pros pros and cons of living in gold canyon, az owning in. Ways to spend time in the town knows will again drop down to about $ 800 that we a.

Deaths In Radcliffe Manchester, Lanell Grant Baby Daddy, Articles P

pros and cons of living in gold canyon, az