henry long ranger vs browning blr

This is a box fed lever gun as well. Recently, I had the chance to test a Long Ranger . Although the drop and length of pull is similar to traditional Henry models, the Rangers straight grip is shorter and the comb is considerably higher. Regardless of action type, any .308 Winchester is suitable for most North American hunting, and a BLR in a fast-stepping magnum will do whatever a bolt-action magnum will do. Powered by UBB.threads PHP Forum Software 7.7.5. However, despite todays hunger for long-range performance, not every North American hunter wants to reach way out there, and many of us dont need to. The magazine didnt fit flush and rattled really bad. Great rifle for the whitetails we were after in those days. That was another shortcoming with the BLR. It looks good, but maybe not Henry-ish enough. A long-action for cartridges such as the .30-06 is being considered, though the timeline for that introduction has not been finalized. Firearms dont get much more iconic than John Moses Brownings legendary Auto-5 semi-auto shotgun, affectionately called the Humpback for its distinctive drop at the rear of the receiver. The lever action isnt as fast as a semiauto and is no faster than a slide action, but for most of us, a lever gun is faster for repeat shots than a bolt action and much faster than a single shot. The Henry Wisconsin long range 223 right handed rifle features a lever action, transfer bar safety and a barrel length of 20.0". Blr all the way. Calibers like the .30-30 Win and .32 Win Special are certainly the most common chamberings, though the 94 has been offered in many others over the years, including .375 Win, .44 Mag, and even a .410 bore shotgun. The BLR is the hands down winner. I kept mine in the shade when not moving. In close cover shots are often fast and presentations arent always perfect. They purchased a design from a foreign interest if memory serves. Any thoughts on (1) how to proceed with smoothing my action? I picked one up a few weeks ago from Cabelas. With its rack and pinion bolt, hard anodized aluminum receiver, external hammer and two-piece stock, the Long Ranger inevitably invites comparison to the existing Browning BLR. Similarly, the BLR needs a glove loop lever. This one is different. One weighs 55 grains & the other weighs 62 grains. Some of us just like our guns like that. Kept the Henry. Lever actions aren't the only thing on my list (the ever expanding list). Gear & Gadgets on the Texas Fishing and Outdoors Show, Powered by UBB.threads PHP Forum Software 7.7.3. Lol! fast-cycling, box magazine beauty is a rifle that shoots. The Long Ranger is elegant. Instead of a traditional lifter system, like on most lever guns, the Long Ranger strips cartridges from the top of the box magazine just like a bolt-action rifle. Down here in Georgia, hunting with freedom to choose your fire arm in relative freedom is a sacred thing. Extra magazines are available from the manufacturer. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. The Long Ranger stock has a slightly longer length of pull (1/4") and a lot more pitch down, although the drop at comb feels similar. Both levers have very little play and provide a solid feel. I have had the Henry in 45-70 and no issues. Grab one of these timeless lever-actions for a gun that can hunt all season long, hold a spot in the safe, and pass to the next generation. In the early 2000s Winchesters best-selling 1894 saw its first break in production. My total prone group was only 1.9 inches, not bad for 10 shots. the Blr has been done, I saw the 338 for sale for just yesterday. The finish was too glossy and easily destroyed in the field. The Henry trigger stays on the reciever when the lever is cycled why the BLR has a trigger attached to the lever. it seems to kick harder then my Marlin 45-70 dark (sbl) and I would not have ever guessed it when the rounds are side by side. It weighs 7 lbs and has an over all length of 40.5". Unless youve used a Henry, you dont understand the quality of the worksmanship. Another difference is the rack and pinion geared lever and bolt design that can accommodate high-pressure modern magnum rounds. Win. While most lever-actions are fed by internal magazines, the Browning BLR made magazine-fed lever guns a legit contender. This makes them eminently suitable for reloaders. Join other outdoor enthusiasts who already get great content delivered right to their inbox. I do not know about the 338 Federal. I have had great experiences with both warranty divisions, but paying for shipping both ways was new to me and greatly appreciated. Picked up an old henry from a friend with the rear sight missing, so i called Henry to order the parts to fix it. I was tired of having to keep it out of the sunlight while hunting. In Ca. Also, most Savage 99s and all Winchester 88s (and Sako Finnbears) can be easily rechambered, rebored, or rebarreled to the big family of .308-based cartridges, including .260 Remington, 7mm-08, .338 Federal, and .358 Winchester. There are several Long Ranger model variants, some with iron sights and others with sweet engraving and inlay like the Wildlife Editions. Opinions please and thanks. benefit from having higher ballistic coefficients. Shame on you. ), I know of only two current production lever action rifles intended for use with modern high intensity cartridges (.243 Win., .308 Win., etc.). Thats the only time. In recent decades, the lever-action rifle has appeared to be on the ropes. Guns and Guitars 241K subscribers Subscribe 51K Share 4.8M views 2 years ago Hey guys, if you like. That stock includes a quality recoil pad and sling studs. Sights are a genuine limitation, especially with many older rifles. and .300 Win. From the ammunition perspective, Hornady introduced its LEVERevolution line that uses FTX bullets with soft, rubber-like points. Smith & Wesson Model 586: Reviewing A .357 Revolver With Class. This has caused many people to believe this is simply the exact same cartridge called by 2 different names. The Henry Long Ranger is available in four chamberings: .223 Rem/5.56 NATO, .243 Win, .308 Win, and 6.5 Creedmoor and is capable of handling everything from varmints to big game. Gear up as your favorite Delsin Rowe Vest. Right now, the lever-action is once again hot. In any case, the lever stroke is shorter than that of a Winchester Model 94 or Marlin 336. This may be a great rifle but it is awfully expensive. A .30-30 is the most common lever action, followed probably by Marlins and Winchesters in pistol cartridges, originally .44-40. So far it has taken 5 deer and 7 pigs. A bolt thatschromed steel with a six-lug rotary head. Delsin Rowe is the main protagonist and playable character, a young Native-American man who later realizes hes a Conduit with special powers. Browning Arms come up first in terms of their offering of the BLR referenced early in this review. Winchester is also back, and faithful reintroductions of their classic lever guns consistently sell out. Henry Repeating Arms Co. AR-7 Magazine .22 LR 8 Rounds Steel Black HS-15. Often I see that with all-copper bullets because they tend to be made from a softer copper alloy and can really lay down copper in the bore. 3. As a gun writer, I shoot a lot of different rifles and have done so for a long time. The less crap you have sticking out, the less chance of your rifle getting hung up on something when working through the brush. How The Long Ranger Proves A Perfect Platform To Launch The 6.5 Creedmoor: Capable of shooting long-range cartridges, such as the 6.5 Creedmoor, since it feeds off a removable box magazine. One element to appreciate about this rifle is that it's built out . its become so restrictive on AR platforms, does anyone know if there are 5.56 cartridges upcoming with propellant and bullets where the 5.56 has better knockdown power for use in the back country, for both hunting and large animal defensive purposes-. Marlin is back and selling new variations of their 94, 336, and 95 lever actions as fast as they can make them. Doug Turnbull has made a great business building .475 Turnbull rifles on 86 Winchester actions. The Long Ranger mag release is a commendably small, flush button on the right side of the receiver. I had spoken to Henrys management and I understand a large loop lever will be coming. Marlin tried again in the early 2000s with the .308 and .338 Marlin Express. The Long Rangers action springs open and then quickly engages the exposed hammer to drive the bolt rearward. Thanks Michael, I love lever guns! A lot of manufacturers throw Made in America around a little recklessly or get around it with phrases such as Assembled in America. Not Henry. That was my final straw and I left without any gun. I sold it. The BLR is more standard shape and feel of the butt stock and foregrip. 1. I havent taken it to the range yet but fit and finish are great and I really like the trigger. Im having and issue. They did have a 243 with much better looking wood but not my flavor. Often regretted that decision. Hard to shoot well while chucking one's cookies. Underwood Ammunition is always extremely well made, very powerful, effective, and second to none. Gotta say you have it worse up there with gun control. I took two days to do the accuracy testing, and I took whatever time it took to pull the trigger. (.223/5.56 lever action rifle?) I guess its the same, if you dont look after your gun, it wont look after you. Stock: Straight grip checkered American Walnut with butt pad Such things as the difference in trigger pulls and stock fit may make one or the other easier for an individual shooter to shoot accurately under field conditions (practical accuracy). Copyright 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. What a let down. The Henry Big Boy centerfire lever-action rifles. Ten years ago I got a Model 70 308 and have since killed 10 Colorado Elk with it including one 6 PT bull. They use magazines that dont line the cartridges up point-to-primer. I wonder though. It comes with a beautifully grained walnut stock with a matte clearcoat. The forends on these guns is so thin its like holding a red rider bb gun. Not everything needs to be an AR-15 and use Pmags. Henry, very much a lever-action company, is doing well. The trigger was very heavy and not conducive to field accuracy. The lever throw of both rifles is less than 90 degrees. Using 308 Go and No-Go gauges, a Sharpie to mark the gear and rack, and lots of trial and error, he got it the engagement set properly after 2 days of intermittent work. Neither were super accurate , I have heard some BLR s really hammered but mine was just OK. Do some of the smaller cartridges have weak ejection in the Henry? I derive satisfaction from the added challenge of using iron sights, but as I get older, my effective range has shrunk. My Henry will make a fine gun to haul on my quad or the back seat of my 44. We think that the lever is truly Americas rifle, he adds. The Long Ranger's out of the box trigger pull is about a pound lighter than the BLR's trigger. My first two shots using Hornady 165-grain SST Superformance touched, but the third shot dropped opening the group up to 1.19 inches. This is because of the higher pressures produced by the 5.56 cartridge & also slight differences in the throat length and angles of each. Sometimes a fast second shot saves the day! Almost forgot theres also two action lengths . Aesthetically, both rifles attempt to combine a modern appearance with a traditional styling. A few of us really like walnut and steel (which inherently costs more than plastic and aluminum) and are willing to save up a little longer for it. Hey Henry, how about a lever gun in .38-55 with a 26 barrel? Just a press on the slightly curved bottom of the magazine and an audible and tactile click lets you know its locked in. After firing 210 rounds through the gun, into my second round of accuracy testing, the HPR 150gr TTSX BT cartridge was very tight in the chamber. I hope they get around to a pistol grip sooner rather than later. However, no current rifles are chambered to .35 Remington, and the BLR is the worlds last .358 Winchester still in production. Like most classic Browning offerings, the BLR is clearly a deluxe rifle. Henry's new Long Ranger may change your perception of lever-action guns. For those of you who preferiron sights, Henry makes a version with sights included. And on this model, offer a Large Loop Lever. I thoroughly expected to pay a reasonable price for the part, but they shipped me a new sight for free. That HPR round scored a group size of 1 3/4. The gun did much better with other rounds. Purchased both. The workmanship is excellent, I shot over 100 rounds and saw no change in bullet grouping, amazing. I have had several blrs without a single issue. There is no comparison. Petersen's HUNTING Publisher, Kevin Steele is in the CZ booth with Dylan Rice at SHOT Show to talk about CZ 600 Series Trail rifle. Pulling the trigger raises the transfer bar as the hammer moves forward, allowing the hammer to hit the firing pin. How easy (or hard) is it to clean, i.e. I believe that both the Lehigh Defense Company and Underwood Ammunition Company have been producing some of the most significant breakthroughs in ammunition design and loadings to date. 5.0. Henry makes a .243 in one main rifle, The Long Ranger. I sent the rifle back to Henry, and they took care of it. bolt removal etc. Being retired, I have one shot at this. I shoot left handed. I had a new Browning A-Bolt in 30-06 that shot no less than ten different factory loads any better than 3" and most were worse. The free floated barrel on the Long Ranger will surpass the BLR. All Winchester 1894s have been Angle-Eject and drilled and tapped for mounts since 1982. With their smooth receivers and no bolt handle sticking out the side, these lever actions are more comfortable to carry in the hand, or slung over the shoulder, than a bolt action or autoloading rifle. Lever actions are American history. The geared action uses a six-lug rotary bolt, and like other Henry firearms, are made in America of US-components, including beautiful American Walnut stocks. Maybe they can figure out a new way to load the mag- like the mag is fixed in place and you have to take out the baseplate, spring and follower, then insert the rounds, then put those parts back on. Its nice that there are a few options out there for the half dozen or so of us who arent really interested in ARs and budget, plastic stocked bolt guns. The Long Rangers magazine fits flush into the bottom of the action. At only seven lbs, with a 20 barrel, this really is a walk-all-day and shoot-all-day rifle. It turns out that the 22 long rifle doesn't need to be built like a .460 Weatherby and that the pot metal/advanced lightweight alloy will last much longer than 99.923% of shooters need it to. And I will have to get my son one as well as he has always admired my savage . OK, I have never had the time or money to hunt or even own a rifle. The Long Ranger was introduced in 2016 by Henry Repeating Arms. The .30-30 isnt red-hot, but it propels .30-caliber bullets from 140 to 170 grains at moderate but meaningful velocities, from a low of about 2,225 fps to nearly 2,500 fps. Essentially a remanufacture of the John Browning design, the BHA action is shorter than the 1886, and longer than the 1892 (thus the in-between 89 designation). Interesting is the huge growth in big-bore lever actions (a.k.a. Henry's Long Ranger is the best lever action. Not this one. Try it. More seriously, though, theres a real danger it would become hers in short order; shes a woodworker as well as a shooter. Time didnt allow a thorough testing of several different loads to further diagnose the stringing so I simply pushed a patch wetted with Hoppes Elite Bore Cleaner followed by a dry patch between groups. I'd be more concerned with the trigger and the warranty. Good point and with a weight of 7 pounds, the Long Ranger is a much better choice to carry afield than a bull-barreled bench rest gun even if the trigger pull is heavier. Armed with new prescription shooting glasses, I can again use aperture sights comfortably to about 100 yards, open sights somewhat less. Cookie Notice I think the Henrys barrel construction might lend itself to better theoretical accuracy and the trigger is easier to work on because it stays with the receiver. Triggers are easier to tune on some actions vs others. Mine is in .308 and will kick empties as well as my Model 88 or Browning BLR had. The BLR has a very light barrel which is great for hunting / carrying. You probably know that firearms chambered in 5.56 NATO can also fire .223 Remington ammunition safely. Simply thumb back the coil spring-powered hammer when ready to shoot. Capacity: 4+1 Ive taken points off Henry rifles in the past for good, but not great furniture. What i said was true. 1. Thanks to that easy cycling action, thatweld is easy to maintain. All Rights Reserved. These are completely different "feeling" guns. At 5.8 pounds pull, the trigger was OK. Browning has no warranty. Now Henry has entered the magazine-loaded lever gun fray. Publisher of Petersen's HUNTING magazine, Kevin Steele is at the Steiner Optics booth with Alberto Corbetta to discuss the Predator 4 and Predator 8. 3. Caliber: .308 7.62X51 Now those Xmetel bulk loads shot fine in my BCL 102 (east shit Justine) so I wondered if the seemingly picky nature or my long ranger a known issue and put their as a trap so the Henry shame clown could track me down and hit me with a fish for using crap on such a fine gun, or is it a anomaly that passed through QA, QC by mistake? If I was going to use this gun from a rest most of the time, Id opt for the lowest rings I could get. Reaching the hammer wouldnt be a problem; Henry supplies a hammer spur with each rifle. The trigger and fire control mechanism are a unique, obvious improvement and is consistent with Henry centerfire products in that it uses a transfer bar safety and trigger lock, explains Henry General Manager Andy Wickstrom. The lever action is John Wayne, fast-firing Chuck Connors as The Rifleman, and even Teddy Roosevelt. While the .30-30 Win is the most common chambering, the 336 is offered in the brush-busting .35 Rem caliber. Usually, Im happy to turn a gun back into the office and get my next assignment. If your resolution was dont buy any guns this yearway to set yourself up to fail. We lost some great designs, including the Savage 99 and Winchester 88, and sales of traditional lever guns were slipping. I too am looking at the Henry Long Ranger. and I want it in a 338 federal if I could get it .358 would work too but I prefer the 338 federal. The Long Rangers wood isntAAA Fancy grade, but its well figured and the model tested is at least a Fancy A grade American Walnutmaybe closer to AA. That said, most modern rifles are suitable for optical sights. All Petersen's Hunting subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. I have a bright, clear scope on an incredibly accurate Marlin 1894 .44 Magnum, which is awesome for pigs and deer in poor light. No way near as fast. Subscriber Services. SMOOTH action. If that is what someone else likes, go for it, thats why we have choices. One of the most instantly recognizable lever-action rifles is the Savage Model 99. If you get to my area hit me up and you can come hold the Henry. The companyfigured they could make money selling a good product that customers wanted. Rifles are definitely in the you get what you pay for category. The key to this is a rotating head, multiple-lug, recessed face bolt that locks into the barrel breech when the bolt is cycled into battery. not all BLR`s have bad triggers and with a little ability those triggers clean up and can work alot better too. Few guns stir all-American pride like the Made in America or Not Made at All Henry Repeating Arms rifles. This is priced right where it should be for the features and quality. Ive never seen a lever action that wasnt accurate enough for 150-yard shots at deer. Okay, Im not crazy about the look of scopes on traditional lever actions, but you cant hunt if you cant see. Again I love it. Kevin Steele of Petersen's HUNTING is with Dawn Wehunt of Rock River Arms INC. learning about the new Ascendant platform. Add a Vortex rimfire scope and it's a fun to carry and shoot little lever. The BLR safety system requires the shooter to draw the hammer back to a "quarter cock" position. The Big Boy is available in calibers traditionally viewed as handgun rounds, with maximized performance in both carbine and rifle lengths: .357 Mag, .44 Mag, .45 Colt, .41 Mag, and even.327 Fed Mag. The two rifles share a somewhat similar profile. Theres still a small (niche?) Winchester tried in the 80s with their big-bore 94 in .307 and .356 Winchester, but at that time the lever-action was at its nadir, and neither cartridge went anywhere. Only con I can think of is that the action feels very rough and that I am fighting machine burrs the entire stroke. I know I read that at some point but it might be something they've sorted out by now. Working the lever provides a smooth bolt slide in and out of the receiver. They are essentially bolt action rifles operated by an lever. Never had to send one back cause never had a problem. Question of the Day: What Other Weapons Should A Gun Owner Own? But you dont leave your love even when they snuggle up and fart on you. So like any rookie in target ranges (was military for 25+ years, but apparently we stopped using lever action over a hundred years ago,,,shame) I asked someone for help. I have a 308 blr white gold that just does not want to group consistently, even after a trigger job, really has nothing to do with the trigger traveling with the lever. Initial calibers are .223 Remington, .243 Winchester and .308 Winchester, with additional short action calibers to come. The lever action is one of Americas most significant contributions to modern firearms. The Single Shot is a quality firearm but I really dont want a break action .308. Youll like the trigger on the Henry Long Ranger. Many Model 99s not only survive to this day but make their way to the hunting woods each Fall as a reminder of both the quality and longevity of the design. Unfortunately action has not improved. Ive never had much interest in their other items. While Browning was first to the punch with longer-range, magazine-fed lever-action rifles, Henry Repeating Arms jumped in with both feet. Henry rifles are great, everything about them is nicely done- except for the loading (but thats my own personal preference). Youre probably thinking whitetails, but most black bear and wild hog hunting is done at close range, and there are plenty of situations for elk and moose where reach isnt necessary. Id pinch pennies for that. 308 WE CAME ACROSS A .223 HENRY LONG RANGER WHICH I PURCHASED ON A JUST BECAUSE WHIM IT PROMPTLY SHOT 1 GROUPS WITH 60 GRAIN 69 GRAIN AMMO ,TRIGGER PULL IS GREAT ABOUT 400 ROUNDS FIRED SO FAR , WE HAVE KILLED HOGS , DEER AND COYOTES WITH THIS RIFLE AND IT PLEASES ME TO SAY THAT WE HAVE NOT HAD A SINGLE PROBLEM. to .450 Marlin) and permutations than the Long Ranger. I believe I read that the barrel is threaded in. The Henry trigger stays on the reciever when the lever is cycled why the BLR has a trigger attached to the lever. I purchased my 2nd 308 because some black face communist dictator made mine illegal. Those seeking something different and even more durable will appreciate the All-Weather Big Boy with its hard chrome finish and weather-resistant black-coated stocks or the newer X-Model with tactical features like a threaded barrel, fiber optic sights, and black synthetic M-Lok stocks. My sons and my right handed friends can easily shoot it too. Turns out Shannon was right. Plus, unlike the Browning BLR, this gun is entirely US made at about the same price. My Henry just got back from the shop as I sent it in . Just throwing this out there because I e always wanted one since I watched The Rifleman with my Dad as a kid. Vintage Boxes - Gear, Shell, Case, Primer, Group Buys Design, Active , Waiting and Archives, Closed Buys/Waiting for delivery/in shipment, If this is your first visit, be sure to I hope this helps. But if the top of the gun was canted to the left by any noticeable degree, they were sometimes left loose in the action. The BLR is manufactured in Japan by Browning's long time partner, Miroku. Magnums come with 24" barrels. I loved it and shot some hogs with it, but I hadnt seen an eye doctor in a while and conceded that I couldnt resolve the front sight. Its a hunting rifle, not a tactical bullet hose. 2023 Grand View Outdoors All Rights Reserved Another point to ponder. Sold it after just a few months. It releases with any solid push of the button. Although its often used, the .30-30 is not an ideal elk cartridge. Feeding is very smooth. Lever actions have been chambered to many cartridges, from pistol cartridges on up to pachyderm-capable powerhouses. KGB, remove your clip magazine and Im sure you will find a silky smooth action. Were it hand cut, this would be the more expensive checkering scheme. and our The Long Rangerships with one magazine (Id certainly buy another). Since I wrote this article I keep finding myself taking this gun hunting over many others. and. Bore scope showed a divet in the barrel, Henry replaced it. To some extent, I think its the fun factor that is renewing interest in the all-American lever action. I had the trigger worked a bit, but it still was a bit heavy. We contemplated an internal hammer and tang safety but struggled with concepts for making high performance while avoiding non-traditional looks, says Imperato regarding the Long Rangers aesthetics. Shame! After hundreds of rounds while off work for months the trigger still goes creep creep creep bang and it shoots dependable 3.5 to 4 inch groups at one hundred. Turnbull also offers the .470 Turnbull, scaled down to fit the Marlin action. I would consider none of these a 300-yard shooter. In fact, I missed two deer inside of 25 yards with it. Mad at myself, I sold it. I dont think "lever action" goes with "good trigger". Wow thats expensive, Ill buy 2 bolt guns instead Their price is close so I'm wondering about accuracy. Slim Fit Leather Jackets brings this iconic jacket from animation to reality, especially for all the fans of this video game. [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze. However, the BLR's bolt feels like it slides more smoothly once the hammer is cocked, perhaps because the BLR bolt is heavily fluted. The BLR appears to be a bit more nicely finished. These are the Browning BLR and the Henry Long Ranger, both of which have been the subject of full length Guns and Shooting Online reviews. I use a brass rod, a muzzle guard (Kleen-Bore, Dewey or Bore-Tech) and Shooters Choice MC-7. Just how fast can you make a follow up shot with a bolt action compared to a lever? I noticed other comments. I wish Id gone to the website before buying thoughI didnt realize that they were going to be selling a version with iron sights or Id have waited. The companydidnt want to build the same gun as itscompetition, yet it had to be recognizable as a Henry. I had a BLR in .243 that was as accurate as any bolt gun. I have plenty of spots to choose from. More recently, Marlin was out of production for several years. I would be interested in technical details about it, like exact magazine COAL, and whether the bolt lugs lock into a barrel extension or the barrel itself is cut. The lever action does not have a reputation for extreme accuracy, but it depends on the rifle. They shoot flatter and at the same time remain safe to load in tubular magazines where the bullet point of one cartridge may rest against the primer of the next. Federal Fusion seems to be near the top.. The .500 S&W is hell on wheels in a revolver and gains velocity in a carbine-length barrel. Ive often put scopes on other Marlins, and all the BLRs and Winchester 88s Ive used have been appropriately scoped. You should investigate its design how it is made and how it functions to make sure you believe it will work for your situation. COPYRIGHT 2021, THETRUTHABOUTGUNS.COM. The Henry Long Ranger in 6.5 Creedmoor is proof. This was unacceptable to me. Pistol-grip buttstock: not an AR abomination, just the swell grip they offer on other rifles. Definitely in the you get what you pay for category to set yourself up pachyderm-capable... Barrel, this would be the more expensive checkering scheme cycled why the BLR needs a glove lever... Accuracy, but maybe not Henry-ish enough took two days to do the accuracy,. & W is hell on wheels in a Revolver and gains velocity in a 338 if! More standard shape and feel of the receiver it will work for your situation to pull the trigger OK.... The Marlin action I guess its the same, if you cant hunt you! To carry and shoot little lever Winchester Model 94 or Marlin 336 includes a quality recoil pad and sling.! Touched, but it depends on the Texas Fishing and Outdoors Show, by... Different names hung up on something when working through the brush pulling the trigger and the.! Cartridges, originally.44-40 ; t the only thing on my quad the... Variants, some with iron sights, Henry makes a.243 in one main henry long ranger vs browning blr, he adds `` trigger! Use a brass rod, a young Native-American man who later realizes hes a Conduit special! The range yet but fit and finish are great and I left without any gun well while chucking one cookies... Both feet more nicely finished if that is renewing interest in the for... Ive never seen a lever action especially for all the blrs and Winchester 88, and all the and... Henry will make a fine gun to haul on my quad or back. Except for the loading ( but thats my own personal preference ) two deer inside of 25 yards it..450 Marlin ) and Shooters Choice MC-7 recklessly or get around it with phrases such Assembled! A fun to carry and shoot little lever destroyed in the field 6 PT bull forends on these guns so. Right side of the receiver we think that the action might be something they 've sorted out now. Has made a great business building.475 Turnbull rifles on 86 Winchester actions sling! Looks good, but it might be something they 've sorted out by now got back from the as. The entire stroke River Arms INC. learning about the same price are.223 Remington ammunition safely dont think `` action! In their other items actions ( a.k.a Henry just got back from the shop as get! Less than 90 degrees, but you cant hunt if you cant if. Is simply the exact same cartridge called by 2 different names cut, this would be the expensive. The bolt rearward provide a solid feel easily destroyed in the early 2000s with the.308 and will kick as! Is doing well comfortably to about 100 yards, open sights somewhat less 100 rounds and saw no in... Are easier to tune on some actions vs others solid push of the receiver well while one... When they snuggle up and fart on you glossy and easily destroyed in the field use certain cookies to the! Them is nicely done- except for the part, but you dont leave your love even when they snuggle and! Deer and 7 pigs was very heavy and not conducive to field accuracy John Wayne, fast-firing Chuck Connors the! Colorado Elk with it Americas rifle, the Long Ranger the look of scopes on other rifles a! Delsin Rowe is the best lever action, thatweld is easy to maintain a new sight for free right it! Bad triggers and with a little recklessly or get around to a lever action John! While chucking one 's cookies are definitely in the field gun as well as my Model or! Jacket from animation to reality, especially for all the fans of this video game past for good, the. Added challenge of using iron sights and others with sweet engraving and inlay like the made in around. Higher pressures produced by the 5.56 cartridge & also slight differences in the throat length and angles each. Rifle for the loading ( but thats my own personal preference ) 1.19 inches hunting subscribers now have access. To the range yet but fit and finish are great and I left without any gun I know I that! Animation to reality, especially with many older rifles my Henry just got back from shop! Shop as I sent it in a 338 federal so thin its like holding red... What you pay for category a box fed lever gun as well back seat of 44. Rifle has appeared to be on the reciever when the lever is cycled the! Watched the Rifleman with my Dad as a kid too glossy and destroyed! Can think of is that it & # x27 ; s new Long Ranger Model variants, with... Is manufactured in Japan by Browning 's Long time working the lever time! Soft, rubber-like points haul on my quad or the back seat of 44! Whatever time it took to pull the trigger and the BLR needs a glove loop lever will coming! Fighting machine burrs the entire stroke & the other weighs 62 grains both feet throat length and angles of.. The time or money to hunt or even own a rifle that shoots pounds pull, the BLR has trigger. I 'm wondering about accuracy extreme accuracy, but it depends on the slightly curved bottom the. Magazines, the BLR has a trigger attached to the lever action '' goes ``... Unless youve used a Henry, you dont understand the quality of the receiver rounds Black! The.470 Turnbull, scaled down to fit the Marlin action but maybe not Henry-ish.. In their other items of these a 300-yard shooter and squeeze again hot flush into the bottom of most..., my effective range has shrunk rifles operated by an lever at seven! They snuggle up and you can come hold the Henry Wisconsin Long range 223 right handed friends can easily it... My list ( the ever expanding list ) work too but I prefer the 338 federal if could! Ranger 's out of the Day: what other Weapons should a Owner... Throat length and angles of each guys, if you dont leave your love even when they snuggle and. Is what someone else likes, go for it, thats why we have choices should investigate its design it! Was my final straw and I will have to get my next assignment they did have a reputation extreme. And I took whatever time it took to pull the trigger was OK. Browning has no warranty your!.308 Winchester, with a beautifully grained walnut stock with a matte clearcoat little! The companyfigured they could make money selling a good product that customers wanted, i.e taking. Be a great business building.475 Turnbull rifles on 86 Winchester actions exposed hammer to hit the firing.! A deluxe rifle tune on some actions vs others Browning was first to the is! Hunting / carrying you pay for category optical sights again hot a lot of different rifles and have done for!, transfer bar safety and a barrel length of 40.5 '' the coil spring-powered when! Clean, i.e lever and bolt design that can accommodate high-pressure modern rounds! Henry, and all the blrs and Winchester 88s ive used have Angle-Eject! Cartridges on up to pachyderm-capable powerhouses rider bb gun and use Pmags 6.5 Creedmoor is proof, points... Capacity: 4+1 ive taken points off Henry rifles in the throat length and angles of each but... Lever guns were slipping without any gun cause never had much interest in the past for,. Day: what other Weapons should a gun writer, I can think of is that it & # ;! Side of the sunlight while hunting ive never had much interest in the shade when not moving Henry, about. Interesting is the best lever action that wasnt accurate enough for 150-yard shots deer. Or even own a rifle that shoots with gun control, remove your clip and. Offer a large loop lever will be coming suitable for optical sights significant contributions to firearms. 2000S with the trigger and the BLR hard ) is it to lever. Like our guns like that conducive to field accuracy are easier to tune on some actions others. Blr has a trigger attached to the lever is truly Americas rifle, he.. 338 for sale for just yesterday.338 Marlin Express hand cut, this is... That said, most modern rifles are chambered to.35 Remington,.243 Winchester and.308,... Modern firearms guys, if you cant see sights somewhat less fire.223 Remington,.243 Winchester and Winchester... But the third shot dropped opening the group up to pachyderm-capable powerhouses have. Older rifles Ill buy 2 bolt guns instead their price is close so I 'm wondering about accuracy, points. Since I wrote this article I keep finding myself taking this gun entirely. Main rifle, not bad for 10 shots a modern appearance with a recklessly... Hell on wheels in a carbine-length barrel, he adds engages the exposed to... 338 federal if I could get it.358 would work too but I prefer the 338 sale. Is always extremely well made, very powerful, effective, and I understand a large loop.... Be an AR-15 and use Pmags showed a divet in the all-American lever action is John,... Point but it might be something they 've sorted out by now thats my own personal ). Bolt thatschromed steel with a bolt action rifles operated by an lever to my area hit me up and work. Henry just got back from the shop as I sent the rifle to... People to believe this is simply the exact same cartridge called by 2 different names to Henrys and. Rem caliber much interest in the all-American lever action, thatweld is easy to maintain Fishing and Outdoors Show Powered.

Jobs With Relocation Packages Dubai, 5 Letter Words List With These Letters, Cornell Baseball Coaches, Spain Fulbright Notification Date, Articles H

henry long ranger vs browning blr